Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 9: Someone I Wish I Could Meet

Hi Pres. Monson,

you don't know me, but in my world we're best friends. You make me feel better when I'm sad, tell the most fantastic stories, give me hope, help me to believe in myself, move me to tears, put a smile on my face and make me laugh. When I hear your voice, I immediately feel like someone just took me by the hand and lifted me up to higher ground, so I see a bit more clearly.

You have this effect on people all over the world. You make everyone feel like a million bucks without ever seeing us in person. I like to imagine that if I ever met you, you'd be jovial, and caring, and truly interested in me. Your love of people as an entire group, no exceptions, is inspiring. And I love that what everyone will remember you for is your desire to leave the 99 and go after the 1 missing. Because occasionally, I'm that lost one. But most often, I'm in the crowd and I'm where I should be, but all my hurts and worries and fears and crying and praying goes to the wandering lost ones in my life. It's comforting to know you understand.

Thank you thank you thank you for your service and all you do. I can't begin to know how much stress and burdens and responsibilities are upon you, but I pray that they are lightened and you remain joyful and healthy.

Love,
Sheridan

No comments:

Post a Comment