Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Poet's Walk


Something wonderful happened yesterday.

Once upon a time about 5 or 6 years ago, idk if they still do this, a poster company came to Millersville and set up shop for a few days in the multi-purpose room of the SMC. I would drop by every single time they came each semester and do one or more of the following: look around, and spend too much money on posters. I do not feel bad about that decision, as I still use them and am currently about to decorate my apartment with some of them. There was one that always caught my eye, a typical artsy-fartsy european urban landscape type of picture. Something about it sucked me in and made me do the whole *gasp* oooohh thing. I loved it. It was a more expensive poster, however, and despite the countless times I went in there and stared at it, I never ended up buying it.


Years have gone by and on more than one occasion I've thought about that picture and wondered where the real thing is located, what it's called, if I'll ever find the picture or see it again or recognize it when I do. I've spent time on google image search, looking up "stone walkway" "walking in the rain" "lampposts" and "tree-lined walkways" among countless others.

Well yesterday, I found it. This is ridiculous, but I don't even remember how. I think I may have lost my mind for a portion of it when I went on a frenzied google search rampage. I wasn't going to give up this time.




And I found it, I found it! Here it is:






Turns out it's called "A Poet's Walk" (I think the actual place is called that, not just the picture...I am not positive) and it's located in Central Park in New York City. Central Park! Only like an hour and a half away from me! I feel silly. But now that I know it's so close, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm finding it next time I visit NYC, and taking lots and lots of pictures.


Here are some more that I found:









A small, simple, and beautiful thing that made me really happy today. =) 


1 comment:

  1. Oh man I love that picture! Actually I love all of them. I totally want to get a picture there.

    ReplyDelete