Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Momma, what's all that white stuff?

If anyone knows where that post title comes from, you and I are most definitely kindred spirits.

My Halloween week in pictures:


The pumpkins Mom and I carved...I made the owl. I really like the star shapes on the wall.



Salem on her favorite chair on the porch. She's so fuzzy and cute.



Owl cupcakes I made for our work competition. I ended up tying for first place.



Thank you, rain, for bringing immense amounts of nasty things like slugs to my front door step. 'Preciate it.



Received in the mail an "I'm sorry I was bad" letter from a 3-year-old young man I teach at church. I was still giggling half an hour later.



We got at least 10 or more inches of snow at our Tuckahoe conference last weekend. Insanity.



But really pretty.



And certainly an adventure, considering we lost power Saturday morning and never got it back, had to completely change all of our plans, and got stranded there for awhile because whole trees were falling all over camp and across the roads.



Here's "the castle" cabin I stayed at. I love this camp. It also has a pirate ship and a fort.



A game of Apples to Apples I ended up winning after playing the Helen Keller card with the adjective: touchy-feely. I was pretty proud of that.



Me and 2 others getting duct-taped to the wall to see who would stick the longest.



A hilarious game of post-it note Twister.



My Bellatrix Lestrange costume.  Finally got out of my costume-block that I blogged about a couple months ago. You can find it here. P.S. I really love those boots...thanks Susanne. ;)



I put a spell on you.



My costume won first place. =)











Friends at the costume dance. The transformers took first place in the group category. And the girl's Hagrid costume was epic, she got 2nd place in the single category.


The only picture I could find of my decorations.



And last but best, a beautiful sunrise Sunday morning at Camp Tuckahoe.

Other activities the past few weeks have included: eating candy, apple crisp, and pumpkin cheesecake. going trick or treating to my grandma's cuz she gets sad that no one comes to their house. going to Field of Screams with my friends Shannon and Ian and having a spectacular time. Going to Jason's Woods for the first time with Ian to compare. Lots of scary movie watching. And prepping and buying decorations for Tuckahoe, which has left me a tired girl. So I'm calling it a nite. Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Sheridan, you are totally HOT as Bellatrix! Just saying : ). Looks like it was a fun Tuckahoe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costume!! I love the post it Twister game, great idea. And cute cupcakes.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete