Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 1: A Letter to My Best Friend

It's hard for me to say I have one particular "best friend", but I've decided to write to my wonderful friend Sydney. =)

Dear Syd,

I love that the first memories I have of our friendship is 5th grade recess which always began with you splashing water in my face and running out of the bathroom and I would chase you and you would always always go up the slide first. And you would just sit there at the top until I started following you up those stairs. And the entire time we'd be giggling hysterically. I love that we did that every single day and it never got old.

I'm super-pumped that you're here this summer...I feel like this is the last summer to hang out and go crazy and have fun, since you'll be moving to Arizona with Steve and starting your big-girl life. In your words, barf. ;) But this summer has meant a lot so far. It started with a really difficult thing that we had to do...and I'll never forget hyperventilating/crying/shaking and holding hands with you as we walked forward and up that sidewalk and got a long-lost friend back. And we did that together. I always hoped you'd be a forever friend, and this summer helped me realize you will be. Even if we don't see each other ever or talk very often, we'll get together and still be the same as we always were. After all, we didn't go home to our moms everyday crying in 6th and 7th grade for nothing. =) We don't wanna lose each other. And we got through it all...being in separate classes, me getting "stolen", you being in Germany senior year, awful boys and broken hearts and feeling depressed, college and living far apart...and here we are. I'm pretty sure by now we're stuck with each other haha and we'll get through everything, somehow.

So for the rest of the summer, I'm hoping for many more days of laying on a blanket in the grass listening to a live band and just talking, nights of driving around singing to the radio (like singing With Arms Wide Open without moving your bottom jaw to sound like the lead guy haha), evenings spent bbq-ing like our awesome 4th of July celebration, eating pizza/eating fondue/just eating a lot with Haley, both of our birthday celebrations, and a trip to Hersheypark complete with getting crazy pictures taken. I love you!

Love Always,
Your Sherm =)

1 comment: