Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Who's awesome? YOU'RE awesome. ;)

I gotta admit I've almost completely lost interest in my letter-writing extravaganza. But I hate leaving something hanging and not ever finishing. So....

Day 21: Someone who I judged by a first impression

Dear R,

you are one of the coolest people EVER. You've never said a mean word about me or to me. You're hilarious. You do the nicest things for people, with no thought of what's in it for you. Simply because. You're just wonderful. Whenever someone brings you up in conversation, I always end up laughing and saying "I love R!" I say it so much that everyone around me probably thinks to themselves, "yes Sheridan, we KNOW". You put a smile on my face.

But could you guess by the description of this letter that my first impression of you wasn't anywhere close to my opinion of you now? Yep, the first time I remember seeing you, I immediately thought something not too nice. Just because you're not exactly like everyone else. I turned up my nose and decided you should be avoided. How awful of me. I'm grateful for being given a second chance, years later, to learn about you and have a friend in you, now that I'm not as much of a jerk. Because you're a great friend and I was wrong. It sort of makes me grossed out about myself wondering how many people I've judged so wrongly like that and haven't ever gotten another chance to really get to know them.

Thanks for being you!

No comments:

Post a Comment