Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm the new Bridget Jones

So, I'm still trying to find my place in the world of blogging; to have some point to all the ramblings and random posts. It's supposed to be a 'glimpse of my life' after all, but I'm not sure how well I depict that. Some people like to tell silly anecdotes about their life. Some just explain special events. Or did you ever notice, along with the anecdotes thing, how lots of people take whatever part of their life is a mess and discuss that, like their job or their in-laws or training a new pet? Like a comedian's stand-up routine...making the mundane everyday things hilarious. If I had it my way, I would spend hours and pages upon pages of this blog telling great stories about all the things that happen at work. Occasionally I'll say a few things, but for the most part confidentiality prevents me from discussing that. So it's out of the picture. What is my "theme" right now?

I've been thinking about it, and have started to form an idea, thanks to the stage of life I'm in (22, college grad, steady job, and the dreaded word, single). My blog should/will probably become a dating/relationships blog. Only because, unfortunately for myself, that is currently the part of my life that is in complete and total disarray, and often takes up my time and energy and brain space. And however awful and terrifying it might be for me, it would probably be amusing for some reading. And amusing to me also, at some future point in time, whether or not anyone gets a good laugh from it now.

It's a thought. One problem I'm already imagining is that the people being discussed on the blog might read this...and that would just be awkward and it would keep me from being completely honest. I suppose I should talk about situations rather than people.

*sigh*...who knew being single would bring more drama and hurt feelings and confusion and drain me of more emotional energy than being in a serious relationship would? It's insane. Insane. Like really, how much I talk about it is how much I don't wanna be talking about it. But hey, sometimes all you can do is laugh about things, and make light of situations. Otherwise if you don't laugh, you'll just cry. What a weird/awful/awkward part of life. I've said it before, I'm saying it now, and I'll more than likely say it again in the future: the whole single but dating thing is NOT FUN. And I can't wait for it to be over. Then my blog's theme can change to the next thing that will terrorize my life.

2 comments:

  1. You don't need a niche, silly! Just be YOU! I would gladly read the Book of Sheridan =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto above, and i think you're doing a great job at writing... and who said there are any rules! you go get 'em, and let the people who love you read about it, and cheer you on. Go!

    ReplyDelete