Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Friday, August 12, 2011

The one with heaven in a cheesy doughball

I wish my photography skills were as good as my cooking. Because whenever I cook something, I always wanna put it on here, and it would be cool if the picture of what I made actually looked good.

Oh well, ya can't have everything.

Last nite, I made pao de queijo. What is that, you ask? Well, it's a Brazilian doughy gooey cheesy ball of goodness.  When Josh got called to Brasil, I thought back to the one time in my life I've had Brazilian food, at a restaurant in NYC, and remembered taking a bite from a cheesy dough ball that was so tasty and perfect, it made everything else I've ever eaten seem like brussel sprouts (or whatever food you think has a nasty flavor...my personal food/beverage of choice to fill that blank would be anything with artificial sweetener in it). So I decided to research the most delicious thing I've ever eaten so I could make something authentically Brazilian.



After weeks of searching for cassava aka manioc aka polvilho azedo aka tapioca flour/starch (who knew one thing could have SOOOOO many names) and 2 tries in the kitchen (1st batch stayed in the oven too long...oops) I accomplished my goal. They were pretty good, but not fantastic. I can't wait to hear about how amazing the real deal is.


Also I wanted to note that, a couple weeks ago, I made my first pie. I've made easy-cheesy cream pies before with pre-made cookie crusts. But this thing was my first entirely-made-from-scratch, crust and all, pie. It was a peach pie. And of all the things I've ever baked, definitely top 3 most delicious.



This is the only picture I got...I know, it looks so appetizing, right? But it really really was, ask anyone who tried it.


I believe I've used my sister's quote on this blog before, but here it goes again. Food is good. =)






I enjoy the fact that I'm blogging more lately...now I just need to get people to start reading this thing again. ;)

Also, happy birthday today to my best friend, Sydney Keller.

No comments:

Post a Comment