Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I've believed, hoped, and endured, and hope to keep enduring

I realize that hope is an important part of human nature. Sometimes it's all we have to hold on with. But I don't always like hope. Because sometimes I really hope for things. And I think it's a good thing to hope for, and not too out of reach, but then it doesn't happen the way I wanted. And it leaves me wishing I just never would've hoped at all, so then I would never get let down. That's why I'm not so sure hope is the beautiful thing people talk about.

This blog post doesn't really have a purpose, but this thought has been floating around in my head, and one of my goals is to write that stuff down.

Loving someone doesn't always mean fighting for them. (Unless of course, you're married. Then you should always fight for it and it can be a continual, yet completely rewarding struggle.) If they want to be let go, and if you truly love them, it means letting them go. And putting a smile on your face. Realizing that there's someone else out there that'll make them happier than you can. And retracting the claws that start coming out when you realize there's a girl (or maybe 10) that really likes him and they just have everything in common and it's all cute-sy (barf), because maybe she's that girl that can do better than you. And if you really love, seeing that other person get the happy ending with someone else should still make you happy.

I used to really like that phrase "if you love something, let it go. if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was". I guess it gave me comfort. But then everything/everyone I let go of never came back. Now I never expect it to. Most of the time I figure out years later that it turned out to be a good thing. Which is what I hold to, the one thing I'll never stop hoping for, even if I don't always like hope. That whatever happens, it's for the best. That good, wonderful, happy things are coming my way. A light at the end of the tunnel that at some point will be reached.

I've learned that difficult situations in life, pain, heartache, never ever happen just to make you miserable. They happen to bring you something better, or to give you experience to do it right the next time. It never seems like it, and lots of times I haven't believed it, but it always, without fail turns out to be true. So that's why I say with complete confidence that everything that's happened in the past month that's brought stress, sadness, embarrassment, tears, confusion....it is all for the best, and it's making life better. I know it, I know it. And I'll hold to that.

The future is bright.

P.S. I'm annoyed at facebook right now. I used to have a nice little link to my blog right below my profile picture. People knew where to find it; it was easy to access. Now the link is hidden very well down in the depths of the info section, never to be found by my non-blog facebook readers. Lame.

1 comment:

  1. FB changes its stuff daily, huh? It sounds like you have your head screwed on straight. Nice compliment, huh? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete