Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Home...such a big feeling for such a little word

Day 16: Someone out of state/country

Dear western friends and family,

I love you, really and truly, but I don't think I was ever meant to be out there for very long periods of time. I'm not gonna go into detail because I hate hate HATE when people whine and cry about how awful my east coast home is. I mean really, probably my all-time BIGGEST pet peeve. So I will refrain from obnoxiously dissing the west. I've been all over Arizona. And I'm not really a fan...however, my dislike could be due to several factors having nothing to do with the actual place, I will admit. Idk, I get this weird vibe that I can't even explain. I do enjoy visiting, and hope to do so a lot in the future, since I have much family out there and one of my bff's moving out there in a couple weeks. I've been to Utah once, to volunteer at Best Friends in Kanab, and it was one of the best weeks of my life. The mountains are gorgeous. The snowboarding is great. I love the dry heat. But once I'm out west awhile, I always start missing green. Leafy trees. Grass. The only thing I never miss is humidity. And though I'm sure my hair will always be perfect when I'm out west, I'm not sure that's a good enough reason to stay out there. Yes, I know, I know, there's lots of other great reasons. But there's also a few cons, and they are really big ones.

So I love you, I miss you, I would love to come visit you and maybe (big maybe) even spend twoish years out there getting a Master's degree, but I don't think you'll ever find me out there permanently. Something tells me that the east coast is where I was meant to be. Or at least for now. =)

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...I love idaho but there is something special about the east coast that makes it impossible to decide where to settle down! I love the greenness but hate the humidity as well!

    ReplyDelete