Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up

Day 14: Someone I've Drifted Away From

Dear P,

Normally when people drift apart, it's a sad story, but I think we're doing ok. I do miss you though. When I think about my time spent at Millersville, yours will be the first face to pop in my mind of true friends that I made there. We were inseperable for a couple years, I remember strangers on campus commenting about that as we passed haha. You helped me through a really hard time. I don't think I ever shared with you all that was going on, but I always admired your confidence. You had suffered through some of the same issues and would talk about it with me, and I never went into detail about mine, but you strengthened me. And on top of that we think alike and have the same tastes about almost everything. You were exactly what I needed in a friend there. You may never read this and never know what you did for me, but I'll never forget you.

We don't see each other much anymore, or talk very often, but you were very important to me once and always will be. Earlier this summer when I helped save your facebook account, I was so happy that after all this time, you still trusted me with passwords and email accounts and all that private information. I was worried it would be awkward or you would want someone else to do it, and I felt relieved to know that trust was still there. I think that incident, as awful as it was, helped solidfy our friendship for me. I know despite growing up and moving on with life, we're still friends. I'm realizing this with a lot of friends lately, and you're no exception. I'm glad for the couple of years we spent together, doing everything together. Thanks for being there. =) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment