Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

At McDonald's...

So, I'm on day 3 of no internet or cable because of the flood waters. I've been driving to random McDonald's and Panera's when it drives me crazy enough. However, considering everyone else had 3 feet of water in their basements, lost valuables, had to evacuate, had their water supply shut off and/or did not have power or still don't, I really REALLY should not complain.

I will not complain that I don't have the internet when other people are much worse off than me. I will not complain that I don't have the internet when other people are much worse off than me. I will not complain that I don't have the internet when other people are much worse off than me. I will not compl....

I took some pretty crap-tastic pictures on my phone of the Swatara creek/river located right by my house. Mom and I walked as close as we could get to it...it was undescribable. It had flooded a good half mile wider than normal and was rushing like rapids. And it ended up destroying the bridge along that road (72) and rumor has it that road will now be closed until next May. Fabulous.

Anywho, can't put the pictures up right now because I forgot the cord to connect my phone, so I'll add them here as soon as I can.

EDIT: The craptastic photos have arrived.


72 behind my house by that Honda/Suzuki motorcycle place.


The creek normally runs through those trees at the background of this picture.


It flowed at least 2 feet deep up the street past said motorcycle store, it was unbelievable.


The bridge in Jonestown was completely covered too.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are safe. This has been unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously cant believe how much flooding you guys had up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about the flood waters - hope everything is okay now!

    and p.s. just wanted to let you know you won the Ellarye Boutique giveaway on my blog. shoot me an email at muchloveilly at gmail dot com to claim your prize! ;) congrats :)

    ReplyDelete