Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

the one with all the food. and a wedding too.

'Bout time I updated, right? Right.

So, I like to cook and here's what I made for dinner last Thursday (all made from scratch):


Mozzarella sticks


Delicious buffalo chicken dip...



Chicken fettucini alfredo



ratatouille (SO good...is it weird how much I love veggies?)



and lastly, you know me gotta have dessert...so I made a peanut butter pie


Yumyumyum. Then afterward, this CRAZY storm blew through. I turned the tv on just in time to see a bright red spot over Jonestown and the weatherman saying, "if you live in Jonestown or Annville, GET IN YOUR BASEMENT NOW". We don't have a basement, btw. Just a little hallway. 30 seconds later the power went out. And it started hailing. I hovered in my hallway holding Salem and squeezing her to death, while she just purred and had not a care in the world. She's such a weird cat. Then Josh convinced me to go sit in the living room, so I sat and looked out the window, probably strangling him holding on for dear life, I was that terrified. Most people know that next to water, tornadoes are my biggest natural disaster fear. Yikes. The good news is, 20 minutes later we got our power back, the only thing that blew away was a trashcan and it moved about 10 feet, and I got to hold on to a cute boy during the whole thing. I think Mom and I would've been a nervous wreck without him. So yeah, this Josh boy...he's ok, I guess. I might wanna keep him around. Maybe. ;)

In other news, yesterday my best friend got married. I cried, a lot.


I love this picture because it shows her red cowboy boot and her broken foot boot. Everything that could've possibly gone wrong in the month or so leading up to this wedding, happened, and they still made it through.



It was a really good day. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment