Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tuckahoe, and other stories

Some highlites of my fall season so far:



Me and a few of my friends went to FM97's birthday "barn" bash. It was in Penn State York's auditorium, so not sure of the reasoning behind the barn thing. I guess to make it sound more autumn-y? Anywho, this is my friend Brittni and I with Ryan, lead singer of one of my new favorite bands Runner Runner. I met him before, he's a really awesome kid, and tho you might not believe it from the pictures, one of the top 5 sexiest men I've ever met haha.


They like to take pictures of/with people, so they took one of us wearing their shirts, uploaded it on facebook, and it has their name in the corner which I thought was pretty fun.


Said good-bye (for 2 years) to this cool cat, who left on a mission for Bolivia.



Saw my sister Missy and nephew Shawn for the first time in THREE years (if you're thinking that's a long time, yes, I quite agree), and nephew Ethen for the first time ever. =)



LOVED having them around for a week.



Carved pumpkins with Mom.



Caught a cold from my kiddo at work and stayed home one weekend cuddling with my fuzzy black Salem kitty watching halloween movies.


Spent since mid-August creating this, the Red Queen from Alice.


Based it off of a few pictures online, including these 2, and also one that showed more of the gold overlay of the skirt.

My Halloween weekend:


Got called to be one of the new stake ysa reps a month ago, and I asked to be in charge of decorations and pumpkin-carving activities for Tuckahoe (weekend-long conference/gigantic halloween party). This was when we finally finished decorating for our dance, with everyone's jack-o-lanterns. I'm on the left. Survived my first (and probably biggest) event.

A few of the pumpkins, I carved another batman one. The one behind it (kitty cat) is mine also.



Yes, that is Cool Runnings in the background. =)



Group games...we had to race to put a scarecrow together.

me and my bff





more friends =)



One of these days I'll experiment and do the real make-up, ya know, insane eyebrows and uber white face (rather than slightly whitened) and all, and post pics.


So it's been a really exciting month or so. And I love this time of year because I get so pumped about life. It's now November, which brings the new Harry Potter movie, Michael Buble at the Giant Center, and Thanksgiving, one of my favorite holidays. And with Thanksgiving, the feel of the Christmas season. Which is part of the reason I love Thanksgiving so much, because it all starts to build. But mostly it's the food. And the family too, of course.



2 comments:

  1. YOUR COSTUME IS AMAZING.

    HOLY. CRAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Tuckahoe was a blast! I really miss all the fun things that the YSA does. When you get married you have to find your own fun : (.

    ReplyDelete