Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All made up

Well, the Red Queen make-up look was tried, and here are the results.


I used ideas from the make-up artist Kandee, she has a tutorial on youtube. It involved glue sticks, white and black make up crayons, cheap halloween face paint, and some powder eye shadows.



My biggest fail was concealing my eyebrows haha. I didn't have the proper concealer to put over the glue and under the blue (I'm kind of awesome at rhyming, that was totally an accident), so you can still clearly see them. Maybe next time.



It was also a great big mess. For whatever reason I was burning hot, so my cheeks shown pink through all of it and the white kept getting all wet looking and brushing off if I accidently touched it. Perhaps if I would've had some baby powder, that would've matted the look a bit.



Annnd, I 've decided I hate having that much make-up on my face. It felt so disgusting and thick. Sooo.....


After taking a few pictures I scrubbed it all off, and here's me squeaky clean. Well, sort of. This involved lots of hot water and scrubbing and soap and eye make up remover and after all of that an astringent (which I don't often use because it's harsh and I don't need it). And my face still felt gross for awhile afterward.

It was super-fun however. I do love playing/experimenting with make-up. =)

2 comments:

  1. So you look ADORABLE...but I could never have that much makeup on my face without dying! I completely get how you'd run to scrub it off. Remember when we freaked out about those masks at the sleepover? Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally caught up, and my heart aches for you with the loss of your friend, you looked cute for Halloween, and the make-up... yikes and you look so much cuter without it! loves.

    ReplyDelete