Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Friday, January 15, 2010

happy thoughts

This post is in honor of the things that helped carry me along today.


1.) "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a FOOL with yo pants on the ground!" It's been in my head all day, and I LOVE it haha. I haven't sung or had a song in my head in months.

2.) I applied to Keystone Health Services to be a TSS, and have good feelings about it...we'll see. I'll be in Dauphin county schools, but I can handle that. I'm just SO tired of being jobless, it's really bringing me down. Philhaven is being a bum and T.W. Ponessa's application process is entirely too elaborate. They require about 10 different documents, copies, transcripts, clearances, fingerprints, etc. upon applying...RIDICULOUS. I've heard bad things about them anyway.

3.) Reading Harry Potter. =) It's nice to read anything that's not a textbook, but Harry's always been a fave.

4.) I read this article from a general authority (yes, I do this a lot...you should try it sometime) and he said that grief and sorrow for someone else's sufferings is a natural by-product of true love. And for some unknown reason, that comforted me. I guess I figured even though I may not have been the best example in the world, I did the best I possibly could for someone and can walk away knowing I truly loved.

5.) chocolate...the only food I don't have to force myself to eat right now.

6.) Homestar Runner. Just go to the website and watch the character video on the Poopsmith, and you will understand.

7.) Plans to go to the farm show tomorrow with my Shenks roomies...yay for amazing food and cute animals and friends that I haven't seen in a long time.

8.) I'm going to see Breaking Benjamin with Ian at Penn State next month! I've been wanting to see them for THEE longest time, you really have no idea. Just made plans today, can't wait. =)



This list might not seem like much, and you're right, it's probably not. But it's all I have; it's a start. Holding onto things like this is what keeps me off of scary medications that I'm terrified to take. And if I focus on the list of 2973481 things that made my day awful, I'll never be better. Those 2973481 things tend to make me forget everything else but them.

So for some reason I just thought of Elf and how at one point Buddy says, "So, good news! I saw a dog today!" haha. Life is so much better when we find joys in the smallest things. =) Especially during times when the smallest things is all you have.

3 comments:

  1. "Buddy the elf, whats your favorite color?" thats a cute movie! way to go on finding joy in the little things! I'm all for the cholocate!!!! wish i was going to the farmshow! i haven't been in years and have missed it. i really want to take navie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really dig your stuff. i'm new to the blog scene. some friends suckered me into it, but when i come across blogs like yours, i don't feel like i'm wasting my time. haha. i'd like to talk more and maybe you could give me some pointers as to how i can improve my blog and things like that. i'm basically computer retarded. i could use the help. haha. i'm at: exmypa.blogspot.com . follow me so we can talk more. thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy the Elf cheered me right up! I was kinda havin myself a bummer of a day.. So good news.. I say a dog today. That's classic:)

    ReplyDelete