Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Don't wanna hear it

I need to make a Twilight reference. Now before I do and you judge me to be "one of THOSE girls", let me get my opinion of Twilight straight. I read the books like 3 years ago when no one on earth heard of them. If you'd say "twilight" the only people who knew what you were talking about were either from Arizona, or LDS girls. And I loved the books...thought it was the greatest love story in the world. But now, after all this time and 10 million annoying girls swooning over every word, I'm just like "meh". Which sucks...I used to think the books were great, but they've just lost something for me. I also think Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are sleazy, lame, and terrible at depicting the true essence of the characters, which makes it hard to like the movies. Thank goodness for Taylor Lautner, who I think is actually decent (and not just for his amazing build, tho that helps). ;)

Ok now that that's out of the way. In New Moon, Bella hates music. I always thought this was over the top...whenever I've been hurt or going thru a tough time, I listen to music ALL THE TIME. I had this major emo music phase for awhile, and it had such an impact on me, I still love it and listen to it. It helped me thru a lot.

But today I realized...I can't listen to music. It makes my ears bleed, or my head feel like it's gonna explode. I can't listen to stuff that a few weeks ago I was REALLY into (Boys Like Girls, Cobra Starship, Aerosmith, Chris Brown), I can't listen to my faves. Don't wanna hear emo, don't wanna hear pop. Don't wanna hear country. Don't wanna hear the radio. Don't wanna hear about happy love, forever love, abusive love, hurting love, belonging together, break-ups, no break-ups, getting dumped, dumping someone, marriages, future wifeys, other halves, love games, cheating, lying, perfect love, making up, dreams, growing love, broken hearts, first kisses, using someone, trust, mistrust, moving on, not being able to move on, getting over it....DO. NOT. WANNA. HEAR IT.

Wanna know what I do listen to when the silence in my car becomes too much? Hymns. That's right, I said it. Aside from quiet, it happens to be the only soothing sound. Ugh, this is ridiculous. Music's always been a HUGE part of my life. To quote Beauty and the Beast, "how long must this go on?" Anywho, I guess I understand that part of the book now.

No comments:

Post a Comment