Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh, life

I have a huge desire to blog right now, though nothing pressing to tell...so I may just ramble. We'll see where this goes.

Things are starting to look a little lighter. A lot lighter, actually. I just know the fight isn't over. Never is, unfortunately. I had a hunch that I would enjoy life more when I have things to do, places to go, people to see. And it's so very true. Thursday nite I went to Millersville to visit Ellen and had a super-fun time catching up with her and other people, and just being there and doing the same old things we've been doing for the past 3 years. And she's RA-ing in our old freshman dorm and I had SO many flashbacks being in there haha. It was awesome. And then Friday nite I went out to eat with a few of the YSA's and we went to see Leap Year afterward. Oh my goodness, it was so cute. LOVED it. I'm buying it the second it comes out. Ok I lie, I'm buying it once I can find it somewhere for like 10 bucks haha. And it was a very good sign that I could not only sit through but actually enjoy a romantic comedy/love story. Maybe this means I can slowly start watching my movies again. I've been craving Bridget Jones and First Wives Club for a week or so now. ;)

No job yet, booooooo. =( I'm getting uber annoyed about that. I should probably start getting aggressive and calling places... "have you looked at my application yet? cuz you really need to". I mean honestly, I'm applying for a position that they constantly are hiring for and need more of, and you either need a degree or experience to apply. I know they're hiring, I have both the degree and lots of experience, AND I can speak spanish. What is the deal? From all I've heard, I was expecting these places to be like "omg, an applicant for a TSS position, call her right now!" Not happening. Stupid stupid stupid.

Anywho, I'm just gonna keep applying. Need to start making some moolah for Disney World/Spain in like a month! Not sure which it will be yet, but hopefully one of them. Either way, this year's spring break trip is gonna be amazing! I really really can't wait. Hmm, what other exciting things are coming up? Febcon's in a few weeks...I'm actually thinking about going (*GASP*) if I can find someone to go with me haha. And Breaking Ben's coming up fast too. Yay for exciting things in life.

So today I drove over to the Colonial Park mall cuz I had a $10 card for American Eagle that needed to be used, and belted my lungs out to Nsync and Flo Rida and Beyonce and Mamma Mia and who knows what else. Another good sign that I'm starting to be me again. I've been silent for a long time. And for anyone who's curious, I bought a pair of jeans and a super-cute shirt for $24. =)


In closing, I look good in red. Check it out.(If you get that, then I love you. Well ok, I love you anyway of course!)


Oh and random thought that I just feel like saying for the sake of remembering: Take note, boys. ;) I'm not the type of girl to know what kind of engagement ring I want and have my entire wedding planned out years in advance. I'm more interested in just being with the love of my life than all the lavish stuff. That being said, I've decided as of late that if a guy really wanted to sweep me off my feet, he wouldn't buy some fancy-schmancy uber expensive brand new diamond. He'd find a diamond with history...family history. Most romantic thing EVER. I know it's not always possible, but definitely has been my dream...to be proposed to with a story like "this was the ring my grandpa gave my grandma and they were married for 40 years" or something sweet like that. =)

P.S. I really wish I had some fun pictures to put with my posts, but I haven't taken any lately...give me a couple months after I've been on all these awesome adventures...


Here's me and my goofball cat, Salem.


My cute nephew Conrad, who I met for the first time at Christmas.


Friends. =)


Lead guitarist of Boys Like Girls loving my camera attention haha


Me trying to do the whole sexy thing.


Not the best picture, but the closest I've ever been to my favorite Phillie, who officially got signed on for another 3 years the other day, yay!




Ok, the end. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and random pictures.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have been having fun! wish i could, but i dont even have a working radio in my car, sad : (. but oh well. love the sexy picture by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete