Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Deliciousness

A few weeks ago, I finally went on my sancocho (Latin American vegetable beef stew/soup) cooking adventure that I discussed back in August:




The ingredients:

celery
garlic
salt and pepper
red and green peppers and other pimientos
cilantro
beef broth
butternut squash
bananas (I know, weird right?)
plaintains
onions
cubed beef
tomatoes
yams
potatoes

The result:





A giant stockpot of one of the yummiest things I've ever made.

And for those of you who are curious, no, the bananas didn't make it gross. They didn't taste like bananas. They had the consistency of a potato and tasted like vegetable beef soup.


So I've overcome my bad sancocho experience and replaced it with an awesome one, free of gray lumps of hairy slimy fishy grossness, wooohoo. I'm not sure what's next. One of my goals for this year (that I just realized I didn't discuss in my last post) is to cook more meals/real food and bake less cupcakes, pies, truffles and other terribly wonderful things. A little less of them anyway. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I dislike the bananna aspect so much:) Just so you know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just caught up... sorry, I don't think I could do the banana thing, either, but I'm so happy that you did it! You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete