Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My big dream

So, the other week a friend asked me what's on my bucket list, and I had to admit...I don't really have one. How weird am I? At least not one I've ever taken the time to document anywhere. Anyway, I sort of have this dream, it's kind of always been in the back of my mind since the 9th grade, but lately won't leave my brain alone. And I've decided it belongs on my bucket list. Except, I'm pretty sure it's kind of a pre-having kids things or it'll prolly never happen.

I wanna be the star of a musical. Or at least a larger role. And my really really big dream within this dream...is to play not just anyone, but Marguerite from the Scarlet Pimpernel. My favorite story, favorite musical, favorite heroine. If you don't know the story or the music, FIND IT. It's beautiful. I literally dreamt I was performing this on stage the other nite, this is how much I've been thinking about it.

I haven't been on stage (acting) since high school, and I'm starting to itch.

And back then I had no balls and no confidence or self-esteem to think I could do something like that. Times have changed. I'm a little different and I think a little different. I know better. And no one can put me down, stifle my dreams, or hold me back! Except, ya know, the people I audition for. =) May I also point out that the put me down line is from Wicked and I did that unintentionally...this musical thing is literally all over my subconcious.

So look out community theaters in nearby areas of Pennsylvania, here I come!

Would you come see me in a musical? ;)

3 comments:

  1. Front row. neon sign. bawling my eyes out as you sing "only love" and then I will be LEADING THE STANDING OVATION WAHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Sam. Any time, Sheridan. I think about you in Beauty & the Beast all the time. Especially this last week, since they are auditioning at Miranda's Jr. High for it. I'll be crossing my fingers for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably wouldnt be quite as dramatic as Sam, but I would go for sure.

    Bucket List was a topic tonight w/my friends.

    I will use a fire extinguisher before I die. My friend said she would start the first.

    ReplyDelete