Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Being a kid at heart

Lately I've found myself complaining (in a loving way of course) that I hang out with 5 year olds, because some of my friends are a little bit younger than me.They're immature. And annoying. And have really, really stupid ideas, like, "ooh, we have a bucket of ice and some extra lighter fluid, let's light our hands on fire!!!". I kid you not. It's exhausting.

Anywho, in the past week or so, I've realized, sometimes I'm 5 at heart too. And that is a-ok. For example:

text from the bf: "hey, whatcha doin?"
me: "eating milk and cookies.....apparently I'm 5"

I've been super ridiculously sick lately. I started getting terrible headaches like I've never experienced before in my life. I got "a cold" with just a sore throat and my right ear completely closing up. My eyelids randomly decided to swell, so I looked like someone with an allergic reaction. Then it all started getting worse and I had a fever for 72 straight hours and barely had energy to get out of bed. And on top of my eyes being puffy and weird, I got pink eye in both of them. And just you wait, because that's not all. Yesterday, my eyes about half back to normal, my fever gone for about a day or 2, I eat something weird/caught a bug, and spent all last nite headachey and nauseated and blech. I ate 24 hours ago and I still am grossed out and have stomach pain from it. I was in the shower this morning attempting to get ready for work and suddenly felt so awful I had to jump out. Nothing happened but I looked in the mirror and was that gross clammy white/green color you get after you've been sick or almost passed out. Don't know what that was about. And I couldn't take my antibiotic for the past 24 hours, because you have to eat food with it. And the thought of food made me want to barf.

It has truly been insanity. Anyway, my point of saying all that, other than to look back on all the awfulness, is to say that idk about you all, but when I'm sick, I get in one of those "I want my mom" moods. (Unfortunately I was on my own during this whole thing.) When I was a kid and I got sick, I'd always ask my mom to make me Eggo waffles. And she'd always have the 3 different flavor popsicles on hand (the purple the red the orange), but the best was when she made home-made popsicles (which was really just frozen orange juice). So the other day, I decided I was going to eat waffles for dinner, out of a sense of nostalgia and lack of energy to make anything that required more than pushing a toaster button down. And I also really started craving frozen orange juice, but I knew that no one in our house likes oj cuz we all get acid reflux from it so we never ever have any. I walked out to our garage freezer just to see what was there, and lo and behold, what did I find in there but a bottle of oj. I almost cried I was so happy.

Eggo waffles and frozen orange juice...best sicky person dinner ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment