Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

On why education is important...

I'm at that stage in my life where most teenage girls make my head want to explode. Into 823716 little annoyed pieces.

Part 1 of my rant: Today I was laying on the beach, and these girls walked up to the lifeguard chair nearby me, and said to Mr. Cute Lifeguard, "so, umm, hi. I don't know if this is like, against your job description, or whatever, but like, we were wondering if we could like get our picture taken with you, because we're on senior week, and our school like gives us this list of stuff we like have to do and show proof that we did it to give back, and this is one."

Cue me giving an inward eyeroll and as I keep listening my head starts doing that thing that Scrat does in Ice Age...you know, where he starts twitching and one eye kinda droops shut while the other one's bulging out.

The lifeguard gave some excuse as to why he couldn't do it and directed the girls to some other lifeguard really far down the beach haha. THEN the girls walked away, and when they were right next to me and (possibly) out of earshot of the lifeguard, they started giggling and talking loud enough for the whole beach to hear about how they really just did that as an excuse to talk to him.

*GASP* NO! Really???? You know, they totally had me convinced that after graduating and receiving diplomas, their school forces them to go on senior week at Bethany Beach, Delaware with a scavenger hunt list of things they have to do and then give back to the school for some kind of grade.

UGH. Was I ever even remotely close to being that dumb/immature/annoying when I was 17/18? Ha, don't answer that.


Part 2: Lately I've noticed that a large majority of guys my age, if they are dating anyone right now, are dating 17 or 18-year-old girls. Or maybe 16, you know, that's cool too. NOT. Hello?? What is going on? It's not like every single one of these guys are the creepy kind that prey on young girls because they can't get someone their own age, or because stupid and naive is the only type they can convince to give them the one thing they're after. I do not understand. Not one part of it. Ok, maybe not all girls that age are immature and stupid. I'll give them that. But anywho, I've come to the conclusion that I want an older man. No, not like Hugh Heffner. Like someone mature that doesn't find annoying 17-year-olds fresh from high school attractive. Someone who has a heart and thinks with his head and not his *ahem*. And therefore has plans for himself that go past the present and which "that" he's tapping tonite...like school, a job, a career, a future. Give me that guy.

2 comments:

  1. ugh, those girls are so dumb!!! the guy you are looking for is out there somewhere. Heavenly Father is preparing him for you. Heck i didnt find someone until i decided to give up and just enjoy being me. you know i never had any dates in high school. then i started getting asked on dates left and right. i had 3 lined up in one week. then i met cris and the rest is history : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of the eye bulge/ twitch, it now makes me smile, because holy cow. They can't be that stupid. Oh, wait. Yes they can.

    And yeah, you want "that guy." He's there, somewhere, out there. Glad you have your head screwed on so you can see what you want!

    And my pics are on my camera with Jeff & the kids camping, so I can't post pics of the Little Man, Connor. He's so stinkin' cute it's rediculous. Going off pain meds today. Be smart, don't start. This is a painful withdrawal day. TMI? =)

    ReplyDelete