Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy is the person who can laugh at herself; for she will never cease to be amused

Wellllll, it has been a pretty long time. For me anyway. When I was going through all that heartache the end of last year I was so into this...and now I haven't been, at all. Knew that would happen; that's how I am. When I'm going through a rough time I get all introspective and reflective and just need to let it all out somehow. And then when I return to my happy self, I never have time for something like this. Sad. I should be so much more excited to express my joys, not just my sorrows.

I listened to two wonderful sessions of General Conference today. =))) It's always one of the best weekends of the year, in my opinion. I was listening during the first session and thought to myself that I should be thinking of questions I want answered. So right away my thoughts strayed to something that's been on my mind for a few weeks about dating and where my life should be going and such, and literally 10seconds after thinking about this issue, I got a great answer. Little miracle of the day. And now I feel so much more confident about moving forward. Did anyone else who watched notice that President Monson was in the best mood ever this morning? It was totally contagious too, I was SO happy after that. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

So life. What's been happening? Finally got a job. Yayyyyyyyy. I will be TSSing at a school for autistic children in Harrisburg, and another plus/scary fact is my spanish will be put to use. I love spanish. I love reading out loud in spanish because I love the way it sounds. I wanna be fluent. But I SUCK at speaking it on my own and it makes me so nervous. So as terrifying as it is, this is exactly what I need.

I'm just really excited about life right now, and very content. Can't even tell you why exactly. The future is still such a huge question mark. Ha, I just typed nark by accident. I have no idea where I'm going to school and when I'll go. And what all I should do in the mean time, and where I should live. Or who I'll end up with or anything. I have an interest. And about 10 interested in me, HA. That's a whole other story that I do not wanna discuss. I'm totally not laughing at them...the situation's not funny really. I laugh at myself cuz I'm so clueless and this has never happened to me before and I never thought it would. But anyway, there is one...we'll see what happens. =) I'm taking my time, no reason to push it or rush through things. I just wanna spend time finding joy in the simple things, savoring the moments. I know as long as I'm doing what I can and what I should be to the best of my ability, everything will work out the way it was meant to. I've learned so much in the past few months...about myself, about life, about what's important. I've been able to see the bigger picture, to forgive, to appreciate everything that comes my way good and bad. I've made so many new friends, gone on fun adventures, spent time with the ones I love. I've had time to read, and study, and ponder. I'm as confident as ever; I laugh way too much, if that's possible. I've grown...it's like I'm a different person, but it's just my outlook I suppose.

And ya know what? None of that would have happened were it not for 2 things in my life that seemed like awful, heartbreaking, no-good reasons to suffer at the time: an end to a relationship, and unemployment. They ended up being HUGE blessings in disguise. I'm so happy, so much better off, because of those experiences, and I wouldn't change a single thing about these past few months. Amazing how that works, isn't it? There's a reason for all things.

2 comments:

  1. Sheridan, I'm so glad everything's going so much better for you! We who love you can sacrifice no post-reading from you, if it means everything's going really well, huh? I hope your schooling works out beautifully and smoothly, and I'm so impressed with the hindsight you have on your trials. Way to be. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that things are finally looking up!!!! way to go on getting the job! good luck with all the spanish. you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete