Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Here's to you, Lucky



A year ago today, I lost my childhood bff, Lucky. Aka Lucky boy, kitty boy, tuxedo boy, lucky kitty, noisy, and loud. I miss him and his silly kitty personality and all the funny things he did. This past year has been full of "remember that time Lucky ______________".

One time, he left a baby bunny loose in the house, and as we were frantically chasing it around trying to get it, I put him in my room and shut the door to get him out of the way. Somehow, 30 seconds later, (I will never ever begin to figure out how he did) he had opened my bedroom door and came bounding down the hallway to help us out haha. He thought it was great fun, all of us hunting in the house together at 11:30 PM.

His routine each morning was to jump on my bed, purring louder than an engine revving, walk up and peek over the covers to make sure it was me, and then curl up next to me and get some sleep. Then he would end up hogging the entire bed until I had about 6 inches of space left and was forced off. He didn't care...to a cat, where ever they choose to sleep is their space, not yours.




To most people in the music world, I was a really good flute player. Not to Lucky. To Lucky, it was the most ear-splitting, awful noise on the entire earth, and he would pull out all the stops to prevent me from playing that thing. It took my attention away from him too, heaven forbid. He would sit on me, sit on my music, climb all over me, paw at my face, paw at the flute, meow obnoxiously over top the sound...you name it. My flute was the devil to him haha. Here's a picture of him sitting on my music.





But he was a sweetheart. Because best of all, he's the only male creature in my life that upon that fateful summer day when we met in my backyard, recognized the good thing he'd found and never left my side his whole life.



And I'll never forget him. =)


2 comments:

  1. sounds like he was well loved and you guys had some great time together : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheridan! I found you the other night, and read some of your posts. How are you doing? I hope you get a great job soon - You deserve it. We're finally settled into our niche and the kids love their school, etc. I love your sweet personality, and all the reality that comes with it. And I hope I can learn to love our puppy as much as you loved Lucky... everyone else LOVES Chloe, and she's really a great dog, but she's just one more responsibility for me who is programmed to follow 6 in. behind me wherever I go... very cute, very quiet, very tiny, but very princess. Hey, if you want to see pictures of the kids, etc. we're: madsenmania.blogspot.com. And I'm FHErules@gmail.com. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete